Preparation for Nocturnal Wonderland 2016 is well underway! What started out as a warehouse rave over 20 years ago is now a jam packed 3 day festival consisting of multiple stages with elaborate displays of lights and art, hundreds of performers dressed in theme, DJs and musical acts of all types, a weekend campout, and thousands of Headliners (thats YOU). Few people walk away from the festival without a new friend, a memorable experience, or a souvenir of some sort; lets just say those sweatshirts sell out FAST.
This year’s lineup definitely does not disappoint, as there is a little bit of everything for the fans to enjoy. An all start group of veteran artists will be making their way back to Wonderland, including Above & Beyond, John Digweed, Laidback Luke, Showtek, Mat Zo, and Bingo Players just to name a few. They’ve got Bassnectar, Ephward, Flux Pavilion, Knife Party, Bro Safari, Alison Wonderland, and Deorro for the fans that like to go hard with a side of bass. There are also some killer live performances by Ame, Chromeo, Henrik Schwarz, and Hermitude. For those who want to experience a little something different, Gramatik and Big Gigantic are sure to bring their jazzy, future soul performances into the light, and you’ll want to check out Keys N Krates for their unique, live trap performance. They’ve also got a killer list of artists for you Hardstyle fans, with artists like Lady Faith, Audiofreq, Coone, and Technoboy scheduled to take the stages.
Also relatively new are the vast collaborating artists, with back-to-back performances by Caspa and Rusko, Eats Everything and Skream, Minnesota and G Jones, 3LAU and Audien, and Sante and Sidney Charles. Showcases for Bassrush, Basscon, Anjunadeep, and Insomniac’s own Discovery Project are also highly anticipated for this years event. Please check out the rest of the lineup HERE and start making your lists!
Tickets are on sale now, with single day tickets recently being made available for general admission and VIP. They also have exclusive packages for groups that are meant to enhance your experience and make it a weekend you’ll never forget.
As someone who went to their first Nocturnal Wonderland in 2007 and 2010 respectively, we are extremely excited to return to Wonderland in 2016. It’s been incredible to watch the transformation occur over the years, with Insomniac’s signature innovation at work.
For you first timers, we can’t be excited enough for you! A few key things to remember:
- Don’t wait to get your tickets! You do not want to be the sad panda that’s missing out at home
- Be sure to make your lodging arrangements early. Whether you are camping, or staying at a hotel or some other lodge, space will be limited and prices will reflect the popularity of this event.
- Be prepared for all weather! We have been to Nocturnal in the sun and the rain, and it’ll always be fine as long as you’re prepared. Nocturnal provides personal lockers for you to store your things, so don’t hesitate to bring the necessities!
- Make sure you take a look at the list of allowed and prohibited items. If you are unclear about something you want to bring, we suggest checking the official social media pages for your answers. And if you don’t see the answer you’re looking for, come ask us at EDMLA! We’ll be happy to try and help you out!
- If you are planning to meet your friends there, take a look at the map and pick a meet up spot and time. Cell phone reception has historically been tricky to access especially during peak hours.
- Finally, BE SAFE! Have a buddy system in place for when you need to separate from your group, because it’ll be difficult to try and find them again in the sea of attendees. Keep your personal belongings secure, and please please keep an eye out for your friends and even strangers that may be in need of assistance.
Every single person at Nocturnal was once a first time attendee, and if there is one thing that Insomniac Events always have, its a sense of community and respect. Don’t hesitate to ask someone if you have questions, like which stage you are at or what artist you are seeing. Also, don’t get too bummed out if you miss one of the artists in your list; festival’s like this one are a great place to branch out musically and discover new artists that you may otherwise have never looked into!
We hope to see you all at this year’s Nocturnal Wonderland, just a couple months away now!